The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Monday, February 07, 2005

Choices

Why don't they make adult hygene products with as much care and sensitivity as they do products for babies? Case number one:

I was at my parents' house over Christmas. My feet were extremely dried out, so my mom offered me some Lubriderm lotion. The bottle clearly said: for sensitive skin. So I put some on, and it felt really good and softened up my feet a bit. My arms were itching later that night, so my mom put some lubriderm on my arms. Bad idea. I got a bumpy red rash all over my arms. I had to wash off the lotion. Fortunately, the rash went away about 15 minutes after I washed my arms.

Resolution number one: I bought Johnson & Johnson nightime baby lotion because it was enriched with senstive lavendar and aloe vera, perfect to rub all over baby before sleepy time. I can put it on my arms and feet and legs and I don't break out at all!!

Case number two:

I get these cute little clothing catelogs that sometimes advertise facial soap. I had like two half-empty bottles of face soap at home, and, since we're on a tight budget, I thought I should finish off those before buying this NEW citrus morning burst stuff. It took me about three months to finish those others off, and I was extremely happy to bring the new stuff home. Not even a week later, it was easy to discover that it didn't even work! It made my face extremely oily.

Resolution number two: Purchased Johnson & Johnson baby dry/itchy skin bubble bath. Instead of using it in the bathtub, I just dabbed some on washcloth in the shower. Not only did it smell soooo nice, but my skin was extremely smooth, not dry, but not oily.

Conclusion: perhaps the reason adults have so many problems is because #1: after they weren't babies anymore, it wasn't normal to use baby products anymore. So, #2, the beauty corporations know adults have many more options than babies do, so if something doesn't work for them, they can keep on trying different crap until they find the one that "works." Ahh, I don't know. All I can say is I might just buy baby stuff from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home