The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Thursday, February 03, 2005

I wonder what happened to Scott??

If spirits are ever down, try listening to ska music. That's what I'm doing right now. No wonder I was always so happy and goofy in high school! I was a ska-punk freak! (especially 10th grade!) My personal favorite ska band was and is and always will be: FiveIronFrenzy. Even though I am not into ska as much as back then, every now and again, the fever will strike. When it does, I feel light and youthful.

I remember this one guy named Scott. I was 15 or 16. He played in the orchestra I was in and was several years older than me (a real live college student!). He was tall and skinny and had brown hair and big black plastic glasses. He was one of the first guys to ever come up and talk to me. :) He talked to me about ska. It was one of the first times I ever felt "cool." Isn't it funny how in high school, everyone always tried to be "cool." HAHA

But Scott would always wave at me both in and outside of orchestra rehearsal. (keep in mind he was a COLLEGE student!) Even though he only talked to me that one time, he still waved at me. He wasn't in orchestra for very long, but sometimes I'd see him outside riding around on his huge skateboard/scooter (with ski poles), not caring about how he had looked.

Why?

Because he listened to SKA! And ska makes a person happy!

Point proven.

I wonder what ever happened to Scott. I wonder what he would think about me remembering all of this! I don't even know what I think about myself remembering this! AHH! A memory like an elephant I tell ya...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home