The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Things Unknown

I can't believe it's Sunday already. Where does the time go? Happily, my total time of working at the flower shop is 1/2 over. I worked Friday and Saturday, and will be leaving in about 30 mins. to work today. It's very odd, I might say. Perhaps the only thing keeping me going and semi-enthusiastic about it is that I found out some new information on Friday while talking to my mom on the telephone. She said that Dad had told her that his dad used to work in a greenhouse growing flowers for flower shops. I thought that was the CUTUST thing I've ever heard! I never met my grandpa, but it makes me very proud to hear stories about him. Especially one time, my dad told me how his dad never let them have a dog when they were growing up. But one day his dad came home with a little puppy tucked underneath his jacket. I seldom hear stories from my dad's childhood; I know maybe 3 or 4. :( So I am very happy to hear these things; family trees and histories and roots mean more to me than where I myself am headed in life.

Dog watching is going ok, too, I guess. I don't know if we'll ever do it again because the little dog is VERY yippy and is driving Sammie nuts. She broke her chain during the night and ran around like a mad-dog and cut her nose.

Lastly, on Friday, some guy came up to John and basically offered to buy our house. (We haven't advertised or anything!) So we're going to talk about it today and then set up a time to meet with him and see what he has to offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home