The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Saturday, April 09, 2005

big foot

I love hearing new stories! Last night, John and I went to town to drop off my work. We were contemplating going out for coffee and to different department stores for fun and games, but then decided we were both really tired and, after all, we have this little baby kitten in the house that needs to be fed every 4 hours or so. So...we decided we'd get a movie. Let me just say that we live in a really small town. There are two video stores, but one we boycott, well, because JOhn just always has. So, the other store, well, we've seen everything there because we rent movies so much. So we decided to drive on over to the even SMALLER town (where we will be living really soon) and rent from the grocery store over there. Brilliant! They had two rows of DVDs we hadn't seen yet! So we rented this one movie called...um "Blessed" or something like that. It starred Austin Powers's sidekick Felicity Shagwell. :) She gets pregnant with Lucifer's babies, or something. It was pretty scary, but the ending could have been way scarier. We also got a movie called "Easy," which was a shown at the Sundance Indie Fest. It's about a girl who gets caught up in a love triangle. We're going to be watching that shortly.

But anyway, back to our excursion to the video store. We decided to take a cruise around the town. We rode by "our" house. Then John took me on some dirt roads in the woods/ravine/river area. It was dark out, and the only lights were our headlights and yard lights from distant farms. It was then that he told me this story about a gorilla man that haunts the woods! It was SO far fetched that I believed it! I LOVE town legends like that. There's also a legend of a ghost that haunts an old brewery around these parts. I should totally do a coffee table book on town legends.

I remember my mom telling me of her high school days when her gang would all go out searching for bigfoot and how scared they would get. Big Foot...in the U.P. Hehehehe...

Later on today, we are going to John's place of employment. He's working on a big project and didn't have time to finish it yesterday. I am going along so I can play on the DSL connection and not on this dial up.

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home