The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

reflections

I don't think I've ever been so impatient for spring to arrive. This has to be the gloomiest February-March I've ever seen. April better bring on some green changes, or else! I don't know how much more of it I can take. It is so cloudy and gloomy and yellow-brown out there. Here are a couple reasons why I am looking forward to the arrival of Spring.

#1. John and I together, doing things. Days will last longer. Weather will be warmer. It wouldn't feel natural to be anywhere else other than outside, together:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

#2. New Life. Not only will there be new buds of leaves everywhere, but the grass will turn a magnificant green as well. The skies will be blue, and new birds and animals will be born. Here is a kitten (named Regina) from our cat Smokey's litter (last Spring). She just had a new batch yesterday, so I'm hoping this will be a sign brighter and warmer things are on their way.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

#3. Sprouts of green EVERYWHERE!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

#4. John's birthday! I can't wait to help him celebrate again this year. :) Pictured below is no one other than myself last April, making John his birthday cake!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

#5. Even though we won't be getting chicks this spring, I still hold this memory deaer to my heart. Before last spring, I never had the experience of an early morning phone call from the post office saying: "we have a delivery of chicks for you, ready to pick up!" I was so excited as I held the box of cheeping little lives on our drive home. It was so fun to watch them grow!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is another picture of one of our black chickens, as a baby.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hurry up, Spring! Please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home