The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Hit with an overwhelming excitement!

It is just dawning on me how excited I really am to be moving into a new house. Not new as in new-to-me, but it really is new new new! :) Granted, it is 50 years old, but it's still new. I know that doesn't make much sense, so let's just un-water it down and say! It has been severly re-done and the result is NEW NEW NEW!

I went through a couple boxes tonight, boxes left unpacked from the LAST time we moved (almost 2 years ago). It was so much fun! I found cute little notes and drawing and pictures! I found transcripts from the college I attended, along with a congratulations type of note saying I had made the Deans list. The things from within the two boxes I looked at seemed so playful and innocent. I really hope that playfulness was a result of happy times and simple pleasures. I think that's what I'm mostly looking forward to. This house will make our lives SIMPLE again. We can pay off all of our student loan bills (it will be like we never went to college!). We can pay off our three credit cards (it will be like we never bought that $800 digital camera, or that turquoise danelectro electric guitar with the sparkles, or the mandolin, or the dogloo, or the pet taxi, and ON and ON and on!

More importantly, I am looking forward to decorating a new place! Where will the couch go? Can we possibly buy an entertainment center for the TV and stereo; will our coffee table be rid of all the electronics that lay upon it? And, since I won't have my built in cabinet anymore, can I get a cute little bookshelf for the cookbooks and antique dishes to put in the dining room? The guest room! I want to make it SUPER funky so all my guests will feel very special! Maybe a great color on the walls and some cool paintings or tapestries. I can hang my fishy plaques in the bathroom (they have been sitting in the closet upstairs ever since we moved into this house). What else am I looking forward to? The floors! The hardwood floors. Yes, this house has them, but they are old and tattered and stained. The ones at the new house are only about an inch wide and are creaky and a golden yellow color. I am so excited to put our area rugs down and watch them bring the room to life.

I'll miss our house though. I'll miss everything it once represented. I'll miss simple things, like the history it holds. How the sun sparkles in through the 100 year old windows. The crooked clothes line I can see out the window by the kitchen sink. The cement stairs to the front porch, growing moss because we never use them. The Tuna tree. The Mound. The birdfeeders. The staircase. The dreams and visions of how I wanted this place to look!

I am just so excited! I can hardly contain myself! (oh, one dumb thing is a guy is coming over here at 9 am tomorrow morning to do an audit/appraisal for the buyer. Guess who has to deal with him? Me! I think that's crappy. I don't want some guy coming over snoopy in every crack of my home. Oh well. I guess it has to be done in order to move on).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home