The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Monday, February 14, 2005

For Us

You know that grandpa I spoke of who used to work in the flower business? Well, today, Valentine's Day, is his birthday. I think that's very cute, too.

So, Grandpa, the time I spent today working at the flower shop, is dedicated to you. (even though it was very stressful and not too much fun). I'm not sure if you even liked flowers or if you just did it because you needed to make money for your family some how. Even though I've never met you, at least now we have done something very similar that no one else in our family has done (that I know of). So that will be for us, Grandpa. Happy Valentine's Day (I know you were a sucker for Valentine's Day because I saw all of those shiny red heart-shaped chocolate boxes in Gram's upstairs - she had piles of them...she saved them all). Happy birthday, too. Today I feel very close to you, and now as I leave this computer, I will go over and look at the only picture I have of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home