The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Saturday, April 16, 2005

crappier entry than i had planned

Today was one of the neatest days I have experienced in a long time.

John and I stayed up late last night re-watching the movie "Thirteen." I love that movie, by the way! It is very captivating and artistic. We had seen it several months ago, and, after seeing it again last night, I was reminded of how good it actually is. Perhaps some day I will own it.

We woke up twice during the night to feed Ollie. He was having some tummy troubles yesterday and the day before, so we started diluting his formula. He seems a lot better today! I think instead of looking at the big picture (i.e. Ollie will develop teeth and someday play and sit on laps and climb over the furniture and we'll get him his shots and declawed, and, oh yeah! I hope he makes it!), I will instead think of it as a day to day process. As long as he is here today and makes it tomorrow, I will be satisfied. And, when the day comes for those other things, I will appreciate them as they occur...not look forward to them. I think that will help to make me be a lot more calm about this situation. During the times of his problems, I was crying and screaming and violent...very stressed. I do not need that.

But anyway...I guess I am full of words today. It was a beautiful day. I slept in until 10:30, when John had to leave for his hair cut appointment (He received a crew cut, and it is very sexy!) It rained all night long and into the afternoon. That wasn't such a good thing for our roof, since it desperately needs re-roofing. Rain soaked through the attic and has created a new spot on the ceiling in the hallway. Luckily, this is the only spot we have seen created since we've moved here. It made me very uneasy and sad, but happy at least soon we will be getting away from here and all of the problems!

I picked out paint today! Oops! Let me go in order here!

So, John got home from his haircut, and I hugged him and danced and gave him compliments. (Much deserved compliments by the way!). Then we took showers and ate left-over pizza from our Dominos celebration last night.

And then we went to the town where we are going to be moving to next month (hopefully that sentence makes sense!) A new coffee shop opened up! It was amazing amazing amazzzzing! They restored the brick building to look old fashioned (because it is!). the walls were a beautiful yellow and laquered (sp) brick. There was a cute gift shop upstairs! It was so fantastic (not to mention John and I had perfect capiccinos and americanos!)

Then we went over to a glass shop and an antique shop! I bought an old photograph of a family. They were so captivating. We went all over the town, to be frank and quick (my dinner is ready!)

I can't wait to move there! It's a small town, roughly 1,000 people. I talked to people I have never met and they were very accepting and nice! I can't wait! I can't wait!

Oh, and the paint color I picked out is called "Green Apple." It's for the guest room. And we went to see "Guess Who" at Mr. Spooky's theater!

Later, my bean burritos are calling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home