The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Monday, April 11, 2005

tear drops

The rescued kitten named Ollie has been crying a lot both yesterday and today. I have a feeling why: his eyes are beginning to open. Imagine how scary and weird that must be? To all of a sudden have a part of your face rip open and then be able to see weird lights and blurred objects. Just imagine this happening and not evening knowing what "seeing" is. John notated that it's probably twice as scary for Ollie since he doesn't have a mommy-cat who could explain to her babies what is happening. During a feeding last night, I tried my best to tell him what was happening...in English of course. At least I tried! I fed him about 15 minutes ago. His eyes were about 1/2 open -- 1/2 closed, so I could see a bit of blue but no pupil. That looked creepy...made him seem like some sort of monster or something. I was putting his food away; he was screaming on the kitchen floor. When I picked him up, a big blue eye was poking out of his head. At first I thought all of the crying might have made it explode, but, after getting used to a face with an eye, I was able to determine HE JUST HAS HUGE EYES! Big blue eyes. One is still partially closed, but the other one is now fully opened.

I just can't stop thinking about how odd it would be to live 2 weeks blind as can be and then one day your eyes just start to open. It's no wonder he's been so full of mews lately.

Awww...my kitty is growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home