The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Monday, May 30, 2005

memorial day

PMS makes me evil, and, a couple weeks ago I wrote a mean post about my parents. I would like to retract everything I said about them. They are the most caring people in the world, and my heart beats as it does because of them, both in the sense of being alive as I am, and in the sense of who I have become. I do not know what I would do without my wonderful parents. I wouldn't want to trade them for any other set, and, if someone didn't like their own parents, I would be first in line to recommend mine. I wish I could see them both right now and let them know how much I miss them and how every day I remember something little from my childhood that brings a smile to my face and allows me to move forward each day, with hopes of more good times like those.

My grandma took my parents out to the cemetary yesterday and showed them the graves of our ancestors. No one realized this, but her mother and father, grandparents, and other relatives are burried there, far back as names are different. She said she wants to take ME there someday. She knows where my heart is. I don't like to think about people passing away, but I really do hope that I am the one to inherit my grandma's photo albums. We wouldn't be here today, if it wasn't for those photographs of black and white.

Today, I am thankful for everyone who is blood, and for those who I do not get to see today, both dead and alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home