The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Sunday, May 22, 2005

butterflies

Just a quick little check-in over this wonderful weekend! It's been a really speedy one so far. Friday night, I spent alone 'cause John had band practice. They added a bass player. He had never played with the guys before, so they really needed to practice for their Saturday gig! I stayed home and packed up three boxes of stuff. It was fun. I'm going to try to be a lot more organized with the packing this time. :)

John DID get home around 11 (like he said!). We ended up going to bed because we were both really tired!

We got up early on Saturday and debated going to an auction. It was downpouring (the roof was even leaking again!). We put on our raingear and headed over to the co-op to buy chicken food and salt (exciting!) Haha. Then we went to the auction and stood and watched people bid on old beer pafarinalia (sp) HA! That's probably the worst I've ever murdered a word. Anyway, the REAL reason we were there is because they were auctioning a canoe. Unfortunately, we had to leave before they even got to the canoe. :(

John had a show at an arts fair at some library out of town, so off we went! I walked around with the new bass player's wife. She showed me the humane society's booth, and there they were: two persian kittens. Oh MY LORD! They were sososoososososo SOOOO cute! And loving! I wish we could have gotten them. The time isn't right for them yet. Someday soon. After the show, John and I shopped around.

I guess the real reason I'm posting is to brag about my new curtains I got yesterday, for the kitchen. They are butterfly curtains! They're white and see-through, but have little butterflies stitched onto them in sporratic places. They are so adorable. Ever since day 1, I said that kitchen was going to get butterfly curtains, and now it really does! I'm so excited to move in!

Dave was out here yesterday with his lawn mower friend. They mowed their (!) entire lawn. It was so odd to just sit around watching people mow our (?) lawn. But it's not ours anymore, but it feels like ours! So weird. I'll have to take a picture of that realty sign out by the driveway.

Now I have to take a shower because we're "doing lunch" with John's folks for John's dad's birthday. The events never end around here. Wouldn't you know it's an nice sunny day, and John has to go into the office. He says he has about 6 hours of work to do. I'm going to try to talk him out of it!

1 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Jules said...

I want a kitten too!! I had a dream last night that I got one, but when I woke up I felt guilty because in my dream I liked the kitten more than Frisky. Anyway, I hope you have a good sunday!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home