The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Sammie

Today is yet another gloomy day in the neighborhood. The wind blows and dots of humidity spray against the old wooden porch. My dog refuses to listen, and I am just about sick of her misbehaving ways. I miss Abby so much. I think we were blessed with a perfect dog the first time around, and now, no other dog will ever be able to compare. Sometimes I think it was a mistake to get Sammie. Secretly in my heart, I resent her. I just can't love her in the same way as I did Abby. It probably was too soon. She was a little saviour, because we bought her the day before I lost my job at the investment place. I don't know of anything else that can cheer up a person quite like a puppy can. So in my sorrows, I would go outside and play with the 1/2 foot tall puppy and feel the warmth of the sun and forget about the firey needles in my heart on what was to come.

Now that Sammie is about a year old and doesn't listen and is stinky and isn't too bright, I just get so impatient with her. I have to remember that in her mind, she is in no way connected to Abby. It's tough sometimes.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Baby Sammie, August 2004

I only have a little bit of at-home work to do today. I should do something productive when I'm not working, such as dishes/laundry/clean the bedroom/bathroom.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Megan The Great said...

I like the color change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home