The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Sunday, July 03, 2005

June-July

Last weekend and this weekend have been spent with my parents. Last weekend, they came to see us, and this weekend, we piled into the Subaru and came up north to see them! We have to leave tomorrow already, so I thought I'd share some of the pictures I have been taking.

I'll start with pictures from Minnesota. My camera was acting goofy, so I just picked out a few to post.

Nature's beauty is frequently found in the shade (especially since it got near 100 degrees that weekend!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My parents stayed cool with some cold, refreshing drinks. We had gone to see John's band perform at a historical site. It ended in heat stroke and "School of Rock!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yesterday, my mom, John, aunt, and I all went out to Lake Superior. If there is one thing lacking in Minnesota, well, in the southern part of Minnesota, it is a Lake Superior. I grew up close to the lake, and it is one of the things I miss the most about this area. We were greeted first by a spindly little friend:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was really happy to be so close to the water, to the beach:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Me jumping with excitement.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Me: note the new glasses!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

John and I sat on a picnic table (romantically) while we waited for my mom and aunt to use the restroom. We had wanted to get married out at this park, but during that year, the park was closed due to construction.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There is a gift shop near the harbor. It is so neat because you can go out on the roof of this concession and look over across the harbor, down the river, and out across the widespread Great lake.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The shadows of the lookers.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Fields of blue, versus fields of green.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We took a walk down the docks and then headed over to the beach. Even though this beach is one of the sandiest of this area, it really does have its share of rocks and agates.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

beauty

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

John's toes and the endless waters.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

crystal clear. I was out just about to my knees, but yet my foot was this visable.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am home.

2 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

You took some nice pictures!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Jules said...

Great pictures Melissa! It really looks like you and John had fun while at home. :) Have a good week at work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home