The Alternative Mellie-Emo

Everyone has a flip-side...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

hates

I don't like dealing with aqua regia. someone told me it can cause cancer, and to me, that just sounds like something I don't want to even be in the same building with. I mean, each time I pour that clear white-yellow liquid into a beaker, with my heavy duty rubber gloves, I see the grandma I had only known for the first five years of my life. I see the empty look in my mother's face on Mother's Day, when she thinks of the mother she no longer has. I see the wooden step my dad had made for my grandma to use, so that she could climb into the pick up truck when my dad used to bring her to her doctor appointments. I hear her familiar voice and see red pop and hershey bars and the dark room of the bar my grandparents used to own. I see pictures of North Dakota and hear the Zamphir (sp) song my mom used to play. She told me that song had been playing when Grandma told her she was dying of cancer.

I really hate dealing with aqua regia. I think of all of the people plaqued with cancer, and I see their murderer right before me, in a tiny ceramic cup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home